MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
Keepers Of the Peace Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
Keepers Of the Peace Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
Keepers Of the Peace Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl
Keepers Of the Peace I_vote_lcapKeepers Of the Peace I_voting_barKeepers Of the Peace I_vote_rcap 
KarenaTheFreak
Keepers Of the Peace I_vote_lcapKeepers Of the Peace I_voting_barKeepers Of the Peace I_vote_rcap 
Kix
Angelicwolfchild
Soupkan.Kid
Shanchii
Emo Kitty
Nami
Vitani <3's Stark
katwin
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Keepers Of the Peace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kix
Knight, Dame
Kix

Character sheet
Name : Sundance
About Me::

Keepers Of the Peace Empty
PostSubject: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:24 am

Sereen Had just arrived at her Grandmothers house. It was the day after her 20th birthday,so she went to see her Grandmother."Grandmother Tonia" she called in the small but cozy cabin. She walked inside.

"I'm in here her" Grandmother called back .Sereen walked through the cabin that smelled of roses and warm bread.she found her grandmother in the study.

"Sereen" she gave her grandmother a hug, and her grandmother told her happy birthday. Sereen took off the hood of her traveling cloak exposing her dark red hair.Then She took off the cloak and laid in one of the four comforter chairs in the room."did you come with your brother?" said Grandmother Tonia asked
"Yes he just went to the stables out back to tie up the horses." Said Sereen.

Sereen sat in front of the desk in the chair across from her Grandmother and because of her green eyes and hair color she resembled her a lot.She looked around the room to find portraits of her Grandfather.It was his study they were sitting in. Sereen realized the reason her grandmother must've been in here.To remember him Sereen was only 15 when he died.

"I have something for you"her Grandmother said. She had taken a red velvet box off one of the mantels behind the desk and put it on the table.She opened it and the most beautiful of amulets was taken out.It was in the shape of a twinkling star silver with a large red stone in the middle."Oh grandmother,Its beautiful.It looks just like the Amulet that belongs to the humans, from that story The Star of Freedom.""You remember." her grandmother said "How can I not." Sereen said. She stood up and walked across the room and looked out of the window.

"Two Decades since it all began, a tragic war between Earths creatures and Man.Halfling are the peace, They claim,Upset them not if your fear magic rain.Asiyan Forces Of stealth and strength.Rulers of the East and the Naga's length.Furosiyan Warriors, Arrogant but bold.The braver they are,Their egos grow.The lunar eclipse when the Moon grew faint, it fell from the sky as if it were fate.Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!They call ,even the Universe herself wants to end this War.By this attempt to try for peace,to end the war they all agreed.The star split in four, maidens they plead! One Human one Furosiyan One Asiyan and One Halfling.to bring peace where ever they are. To Keep The Peace, that ended the War."

"That was beautiful Sereen" her Grandmother told her she put the amulet around Sereen's neck."I cant believe you had one made for me."She said looking at it.
"Oh I did not have one made."Sereen turned around to look at her Grandmother."What do you mean" Sereen said
"it was a gift?"
"No it was not." her Grandmother said walking over to the box.

Sereen stared at her grandmother she didn't want to say what she was thinking, because it couldn't be true.
"I've had it for 40 years as did my grandmother before me."
"You mean" Sereen said staring at the amulet "this is the real..."
"Yes its the real amulet, with the real Star."
"Oh gosh!"
Sereen's mind went into panic. She tried to take it off but it wouldn't come off.
"You cant take it off" Her Grandmother said "because your Its new Keeper.You must give the amulet to your Granddaughter on her twentieth birthday"
"No i don't want to be a Keeper Of the Peace!"Sereen said still attempting to take the amulet off. " I cant even keep the peace between me and my Brother!"

"Sereen you must go to the Hands of Faith and take your rightful place as a Keeper,you will do fine." Her grandmother took her hand and looked at her. It seemed to calmed Sereen down.

"I could not have asked for a better granddaughter.

" Sereen let out a sigh."How did you get it off ?" "It came of on your Birthday yesterday, Which is why you are supposed to wear it now." Sereen looked at the amulet then at her grandmother. She was living a fairytale a story told to her as a child.Now it suddenly made sense in the history books the Keepers she's always reading about, they were the keepers of the peace.

"Sereen" her grandmother said "Go to Indou along the way you will meet the other keepers, but tell no one but them who you are understood."

"I cant" Sereen said sitting down.Her Grandmother Looked disappointed.

"Very Well if you don't want this there is way to get it off."her grand mother closed the velvet box."you still have to go to Faiths Hands,there the amulet will know what you want and it will come off.'

"Sereen looked at her Grandmother she could tell she was disappointed but she knew she couldn't be a keeper she never takes on anything she knows shes not ready for.

"Grandmother Tonia when do I leave."

"You should leave now she said."

"You still should meet the other keepers they will help you go the rest of the way. Go to the docks and they will take you to Shorm."

"Where the Halflings are?" Sereen asked."Yes." her GrandMother replied.

"When you meet her you'll know who she is. Tell her I've come to meet the Halfling half way.She will know to answer, I am the Halfling you wish to meet.

"Wait!! "A voice said coming in

"What are you talking about grandmother."

"Seldon my Grandson go with your Twin sister."

Sereen Looked at Seldon who was looking at her he had came back from the stables and was listening to their conversation.

"But this is all so sudden grandmother she cant!"

"Which is why you must go and protect her.Here, this is your present it was your Grandfathers" She said handing him a Sword the a weird symbol engraved in the handle.

"Now you must leave your running out of time!"

She rushed them out of the house and they set out on there horses to the docks.
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Yeoman
Soupkan.Kid

Character sheet
Name :

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 am

wow that's interesting Smile
it's good ^^
Back to top Go down
http://black-obsidian.deviantart.com
Kix
Knight, Dame
Kix

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm

lol thanx i cant beleive you took the time to read it all!
Back to top Go down
Kix
Knight, Dame
Kix

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:42 pm

The twins reached the Docks. The crossroad between Man,and those who aren't. Where wealthy humans would purchace items from other species, just to keep up with the latest trends. The smell of salt water and fish filled the air. The docks were busy. On one half of the docks there were ferry ships. The other, cargo.

Sereen climbed down off of her horse and grabbed the harness and pulled it aside her as she walked along the moist wood of the board walk. Seldon soon did the same following her. She stared around. This has only been the second time shes been to the docks. The fist time was when she was very small. They live in the Mountain lands of Cano. Cano is extremely elevated lands and the wind is very strong.Thats how the people of Cano power there homes.Its all land mostly. The only water shes been close to in years was the water fall on the side of the Apia Mountains. Her eyes moved back and fourth searching for suitable transportation. She caught site of a ferry.It was a Large white boat, with a curled bow and red stripes on each of its 5 sails.

"There!" Sereen said "We"ll board that ferry there." She started to walk forward but Seldon moved quickly in front of her.

"Sereen you must think." He said pointing to his head

"Have we even got the right provisions for that ferry. I don't think we can afford it" He said. He turned and looked at the Ferry.

"I correct myself. I know we cant afford it."

Sereen didn't believe her brother.She pulled her horse around him and went on towards the ferry.

"Sereen what are you doing!" Her brother said trying to follow after her through the crowd of people.

"Finding out if your right or wrong."she yelled back to him.

They were both finally out of the crowd. They were standing in front of the walk to the ferry. There was a Tall man standing there wearing a blue jumpsuit that barley covered his ankles, with a four cornered cap that covered half his bald head. He had a badge that looked like a smaller model of the ferry.Sereen knew from that he was a worker from the Ship.

"Excuse me"she said taking off her hood. "if i wanted to ride this ferry, how much do you think it will cost me?"

The man looked down to her. he smiled and showed his crooked yellow teeth. But no matter how disgusting, Sereen kept a faint smile.While Seldon smirked behind her back.

" bout 700 curencies darling " the man said

Sereen's smile faded completely. It hit her. Seldon was right they'd be lucky if it was 300 curencies. All she had was 75. She let it hit her again. Seldon was right. She turned around to her amused brother.

"Alright Seldon it seems you were right,you can stop your laughing now." Seldon stopped laughing and followed his sister back into the crowd.

" I told you I was right I'm always right."

"Fine mister always right what do we do now!" Sereen said irritated.

"well...." Seldon said serious "We may have to take drastic measures.....and sell the horses and some of our belongings keep whats important but sell everything else."

"If it gets us better transportation alright." Sereen said agreeing.

They sold there horses and a few of there possessions to a merchant on the board walk.It got them 275 curencies.

"what ferry would take this for the both of us. I'm starting to think that that merchant ripped us off! " Sereen said angrily.

"Calm down, Calm down." Seldon said counting the money for a third time.

He looked around then his eyes widened.

"Sereen wait here a moment I'll be right back." And with that Seldon ran off into the crowd.

"Wait Seldon what are you ahh... never mind."

Sereen sat on a crate in front of a merchants shop.She watched as busy people moved around handling business. She then started to look at the amulet. It was strange because the more she looked at it, the deeper into thought she fell about her journey ahead.One by one the sounds around her faded out.She could only hear the amulet but it wasn't speaking at all. She was linked to it some how.Then she heard what it was trying to say to her.

"Change " she said troubled.

"Change what" Seldon said

And all at once reality's sound came back to her ears. The Amulet was just an amulet again. And she could no longer hear it.

"Sereen" Seldon said "Are you feeling alright?"

Sereen looked at her brother then the amulet. She felt uneasy. But she couldn't tell her brother that.

"I'm fine" She said standing up

"Where did you go!" She yelled at him.

"Yeah" he said "I got a ride."

He pointed to an Old cargo ship sitting at the docking bay with the letters R and N in fading paint on the side. The ship looked poorly taken care of. Sereen looked at Seldon

"Are you felling alright" she said

"I know it looks bad but Ive talked to the captain and he says this is as safe as they come."

Sereen hesitated before walking very slowly.

"Come on" Seldon said pushing her forward.

Sereen and Seldon sat aboard the cargo ship. Men who are or used to be up to no good work on the ship, it seemed no other captain would hire them. The upper deck was just about the only place on the ship that didn't smell.The Twins sat on the crates nearest to the ocean and watched the shore get smaller and smaller as they sailed further and further away.

"So that amulet is the Star of Freedom, well part of it anyway." Seldon asked.

"Yes" Sereen said looking at it. She had told her twin brother The full Story about their grandmother said to her. He looked around at the workers below, who From time to time would be caught staring at them,or much rather Sereen.

"Why do you think Grandmother Tonia Gave you that sword?" she asked

Seldon picked up the sword and stared at the black handle with the silver symbol etched into it.

"I have no idea but i think Ill put it to good use."

It was getting dark.

"Well we wont be at Shorm until tomorrow." Seldon said."Get some sleep." He said

"I'll stay awake I don't really feel comfortable on this ship."Seldon said looking at the workers again.

"Neither do I." She said laying on Seldon shoulder.

"I trust you completely" she said and closed her eyes.

Sereen Had a weird dream she was floating in the air and she could see nothing but white. Then everything went black in an instant and all of these feelings of doubt and confusion caused her to fall and she kept falling but know one was there to help her.

The next morning someone was nudging her awake.

"Sereen" her brother whispered "wake up we've arrived."

Sereen opened her eyes and saw The blue sky she could smell the ocean and the forest by the shore.She stood up to see miniature people with pointy ears.She knew she was in Shorm.Halfings were all over the place.Seldon and Sereen stepped off ship they walk across the docks to a great wooden gate .

"your business here" a voice said. Seldon and Sereen bent down to the small window in the booth. a Halfling man with huge Eye brows said again your business here.

"We are visiting a friend."Sereen said.

The weird man looked at her then at her brother."Alright" the little man said. A ray of light came from his hand he stretched it and pressed the center.It began to blink green and the gate began to open. The twins thanked the man and walked inside.

"Remember this day sis. ."Seldon said.
Sereen looked at him.
"we've just witnessed Halfling Magic."
"Hmmp" Sereen said "consider this day remembered."

They were about the only beings there over 4 ft . The gate was not the only thing operated by magic.There were carts that did not need horses to pull them.There were lights but no fire was visable. Halflings are very well known for there Magic.Its also how they make a living, selling there magical inventions to others.

"How are we supposed to find the other keeper Sereen." Seldon said to Her. "Do you see a book store anywhere."she said.
"No Sereen. I know you like your history and the Halfling history should be interesting but-"
"Silly brother" Sereen said."I want to look up where the Halfling Keeper was in these lands and by doing that I can probably trace the new keeper to where ever she is."

"Okay "Seldon said "Smart plan,I think thats a books Store there." He said pointing to a small shop with Books in the front window.They went inside they saw many books on lots of shelves. Sereen went straight to work. She found out one of the keepers used to live on the far side of Shorm.

"But do you think shes there?" Seldon asked.

"Maybe I don't know." Sereen said "But we have to find out."

They rode one of the carriages that doesn't need a horse to pull it .They came to a small village outside of the city. It was really peaceful.Small children were chasing birds and elderly women sat and watched.Then Sereen got a feeling. The amulet was talking to her again telling her to walk. She went walking down the road.There was a girl with long black hair,sitting on a log fence,humming just starring at what looked like a silver leaf shaped amulet.

"Excuse me" Sereen said. She had a feeling so she spoke.

"I am a human and I am meeting a Halfling half way."

The girl looked at Sereen.Then saw her amulet. She smiled then said

"'Then I am the Halfling you've come to meet."
Back to top Go down
Emo Kitty
Royal Council
Royal Council
Emo Kitty

Character sheet
Name : Luna

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:18 pm

wow, that is really good.
Back to top Go down
Kix
Knight, Dame
Kix

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:54 pm

aaaw thanx!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keepers Of the Peace   Keepers Of the Peace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keepers Of the Peace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidNight DayDreams :: Creative Minds :: Stories-
Jump to: