MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Role Player of the month!
    Harry James Potter Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
    Writer of the month
    Harry James Potter Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
    Artist of the month
    Harry James Potter Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
    Statistics
    We have 55 registered users
    The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
    Top posters
    Baby Girl
    Harry James Potter I_vote_lcapHarry James Potter I_voting_barHarry James Potter I_vote_rcap 
    KarenaTheFreak
    Harry James Potter I_vote_lcapHarry James Potter I_voting_barHarry James Potter I_vote_rcap 
    Kix
    Angelicwolfchild
    Soupkan.Kid
    Shanchii
    Emo Kitty
    Nami
    Vitani <3's Stark
    katwin
    ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
    Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
    Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
    Comments: 13
    Rank System
    Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
    So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
    Comments: 30
    How To........
    Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
    Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
    Comments: 1
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Harry James Potter

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Baby Girl
    Empress
    Baby Girl

Character sheet
    Name : Dani
    About Me::

Harry James Potter Empty
    PostSubject: Harry James Potter   Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:37 am

Harry James Potter is the titular character and the protagonist of J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The books cover seven years in the life of the lonely orphan who, on his eleventh birthday, learns he is a wizard. He attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn magic. Under the guidance of the kind headmaster Albus Dumbledore, Harry discovers that he is already famous throughout the wizarding world, and that his fate is tied with that of Lord Voldemort, the universally feared Dark wizard who killed Harry's father and mother.

In the books, Harry is categorised as a "half-blood" wizard in the series, because although both his parents were magical, his mother, Lily Evans, was "Muggle-born". According to Rowling, to characters for whom wizarding blood purity matters, Lily would be considered "as 'bad' as a Muggle," and derogatively referred to as a "Mudblood".

According to Rowling, Harry is strongly guided by his own conscience, and has a keen feeling of what is right and what is wrong. Having "very limited access to truly caring adults", Rowling said, Harry "is forced to make his own decisions from an early age on." He "does make mistakes", she conceded, but in the end, he does what his conscience tells him to do. According to Rowling, one of Harry's pivotal scenes came in the fourth book when he protects his dead schoolmate Cedric Diggory's body from Voldemort, because it shows he is brave and unselfish.

Rowling also said that Harry's two worst character flaws are "anger and occasional arrogance", but that Harry is also innately honourable. "He's not a cruel boy. He's competitive, and he's a fighter. He doesn't just lie down and take abuse. But he does have native integrity, which makes him a hero to me. He's a normal boy but with those qualities most of us really admire." For the most part, Harry shows humility, often downplaying his achievements; though he uses a litany of his adventures as examples of his maturity early in the fifth book, these very same adventures are later employed to explain why he should lead Dumbledore's Army, at which point he denies that they make him worthy of authority. After the seventh book, Rowling commented that Harry has the ultimate character strength, being able to do what even Voldemort could not: the acceptance of the inevitability of death.

Throughout the series, Harry is described as having his father's perpetually untidy black hair, his mother's bright green eyes, and carries a lightning bolt-shaped scar on his forehead. He is further described as "small and skinny for his age" with "a thin face" and "knobbly knees", and he wears round eyeglasses. In the first book, the scar is described as "the only thing Harry liked about his own appearance". Asked what is the meaning behind Harry's lightning bolt scar, Rowling said, "I wanted him to be physically marked by what he has been through. It was an outward expression of what he has been through inside... It is almost like being the chosen one or the cursed one, in a sense". In the later part of the series Harry grows taller and by the seventh book is said to be 'almost' the height of his father, and 'tall' by other characters.

Rowling explained that Harry's image came to her when she first thought up Harry Potter, seeing him as a "scrawny, black-haired, bespectacled boy". She also mentioned that she thinks Harry's glasses are the clue to his vulnerability.

Throughout the series, Rowling wrote Harry Potter as a gifted wizard apprentice. She stated in a 2000 interview with South West News Service that Harry Potter is "particularly talented" in Defence Against the Dark Arts, and also good at Quidditch. Rowling said in the same interview that until about halfway through the third book, his good friend Hermione Granger — written as the smartest student in Harry's year — would have beaten Harry in a magical duel. From the fourth book onwards, Rowling admits Harry has become quite talented in the Defence Against the Dark Arts and would beat his friend Hermione in a magical duel.

His power is evident from the beginning of the series; specifically, Harry shows immediate command of a broomstick, produces a Patronus at an early age, and survives several confrontations with Voldemort. Harry is able to speak and understand Parseltongue, a language associated with Dark Magic, which, according to Rowling, is because he harbours a piece of Lord Voldemort's soul. After Voldemort destroys that soul fragment in the seventh book's climax, Harry loses the ability to speak Parseltongue. Harry "is very glad" to have lost this gift. Harry is also the only student in his class capable of resisting the Imperius curse.

According to Rowling, Harry's favourite book is Quidditch Through the Ages, an actual book that Rowling wrote (under the pseudonym Kennilworthy Whisp) for the Comic Relief charity.

Harry's parents left behind a somewhat large pile of wizard's gold, used as currency in the world of magic, in a vault in the wizarding bank, Gringotts. After Sirius' death later in the series, all of his remaining possessions are also passed along to Harry, including Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place. Rowling noted that "Harry’s money never really is that important in the books, except that he can afford his uniform and so on.” It is also used as a contrast with Ron and his family, who must be careful with their limited gold.

Harry also inherits indirectly two of his father's prize possessions. One is the Marauder's Map, given to him by interim owners Fred and George Weasley, which endows Harry with comprehensive knowledge of Hogwarts' facilities, grounds and occupants. The other is his father's Invisibility Cloak, given to him by Dumbledore, which eventually proves Harry's descent from the Peverell family. Harry uses these tools both to aid in semi-legal excursions at school and to protect those he cares about; the Invisibility Cloak, in particular, can hide two full-grown people. When Harry reaches his age of maturity at seventeen, Mrs. Weasley gives him a pocket watch which had once belonged to her brother Fabian Prewett.

Throughout the majority of the books, Harry also has a pet owl named Hedwig, used to deliver and receive messages and packages. Hedwig is killed in the seventh book, about which Rowling says: "The loss of Hedwig represented a loss of innocence and security. She has been almost like a cuddly toy to Harry at times. I know that death upset a lot of people!" As a Quidditch player, Harry has owned two high-quality brooms. The first, a Nimbus Two Thousand, was procured for him by Professor McGonagall when Harry was added to Gryffindor's Quidditch team despite being a first-year student. This broom was destroyed by the Whomping Willow during a match in Harry's third year. It was replaced by a Firebolt, an even faster (and more expensive) broom, purchased for Harry by Sirius; however, as Black was believed to be trying to murder Harry at the time, the broom was subjected to stringent security inspections before Harry was allowed to ride it. Harry used it throughout his Hogwarts career until it, along with Hedwig, was lost during the July 1997 escape from Privet Drive

In the novels, Harry is the only child of James and Lily Potter, but orphaned as an infant. Rowling made Harry an orphan from the early drafts of her first book. She felt an orphan would be the most interesting character to write about. However, after her mother's death, Rowling wrote Harry as a child longing to see his dead parents again, incorporating her own anguish into him.

Harry's aunt and uncle kept the truth about his parents' deaths from Harry, telling him they died in a car crash. James Potter is a descendant of Ignotus Peverell, the third of the three original owners of the Deathly Hallows, and thus so is Harry, a realisation he makes during the course of the final book. Although he does not realize it, this also means that he is a distant relative of Voldemort himself, whose grandfather, Marvolo Gaunt, was also apparently a descendant of the Peverells, as revealed in the sixth book when Gaunt is seen wearing the Resurrection Stone. Through his marriage to Ginny Weasley, Harry links to the House of Black.
    Back to top Go down
    http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com

Harry James Potter Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Harry James Potter   Harry James Potter I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 am

Harry potter is my crush!!!! I love him so much!!
    Back to top Go down

Harry James Potter
    Page 1 of 1